Relationship ⋅ Name ⋅ Status
Description

Grandmother ⋅ Name Name ⋅ Deceased
John remained estranged from his mother for the duration of Vins life. He never met his grandmother.

Grandfather ⋅ Name name ⋅ Deceased
John remained estranged from his father for the duration of Vins life. He never met his grandfather.

Father ⋅ John Byrne ⋅ Deceased
Vin had a very strong relationship with his father, and is filled with fond memories of the time they had together. The lessons John taught Vin as a boy resulted in Vin developing a strong moral code, one that he lives by to this day. John began teaching Vin how to play guitar from a very young age, and the guitar he uses today was his dads old six-string. Tragically, John passed away on the 29th of December in 2011. His death was ruled a homicide. His killer is still at large. John is buried in the Index, WA cemetery. Vin misses his father very much and often thinks about him, even though he doesn't often speak about him. This was a very significant and painful loss. While Vins memories of his father are primarily good, he does have some bad memories due to his dads drinking and mental illness. John suffered from bipolar disorder, depression, and alcoholism (most of which he passed onto his son), the former two sometimes resulting in catatonic episodes. Vin does, however, visit his dads grave three times a year. Once on fathers day (June 21), once on his dads birthday (March 28), and once on the anniversary of his death (December 29). Thanksgiving and Christmas are hard holidays for Vincent due to his fathers passing, as the former was his dads favorite holiday, and the latter is too close to the anniversary of his death.

You have 1 new voicemail: December 22, 2011
Heyya kid… It’s your old man. ‘Been tryin’ t’get you on the phone since Sunday, guess you prob’ly been out partyin’. Just wanted to wish you a happy birthday. Been wonderin’ how the weather is down there in the great state of Californ-i-a. Let me tell ya’ I aint seen this much snow since the 70s. *chuckles then exhales* Don’t tell yer mom I said that. *Sighs* Anywho, get me back when ya’ can.

You have 1 new voicemail: December 23, 2011
Heyya kid… It’s your old man. Y’know when I called the other day I forgot t’ask ya’... I ‘been cleanin’ out the storage. Yep, believe it. Yer moms not gonna have bullshit to nag me about once I finish. I’ll be a free man. *chuckles* Anywho- Ya’ want me to hold onto these old comic books? Some a’ them look they been swallowed then come out the wrong end of somethin’ I don’t know what. Get back at me when ya’ can.

You have 1 new voicemail: December 25, 2011
Heyya kid… It’s your old man. Where are ya’? Surfin’? Chasin’ tail? Well whatever you’re up to I just wanted to wish my boy a Merry Christmas. Mom wants to know if you got your package. Between you and me she’s been gettin’ fired up about UPS for no good reason. *Whispers* I think she’s got the hots for the delivery guy. *Inaudible banter and rustling. Moms voice can be heard:* “Dios Mio! Do not listen to your father mijo! He’s been drinking since before noon!” *Laughter* Give me that phone woman- Oh shit I think the roast beast is on fire! Gotta jet Vinny- Get back at me when ya’ can! *More laughter- Call ends abruptly*

You have 1 new voicemail: December 28, 2011
Hey son… It’s yer dad. I aint heard from ya’ in a while. I don’t wanna bother you too much. I know you got yer new life in california and yer out there sewin’ yer wild oats. As you should. But I was thinkin’- How about a visit? You could come up or me n’ mom could come down. We could pick up that idiot cousin of yers, make a family trip of it. You know I aint been to Long Beach since… Well shit, since before you were born. Would love to see some palm trees again. Anywho… I just wanted to say I sure do miss ya’... I love you son… Buhbye.

You have 1 new voicemail: December 29, 2011
Mijo… Something has happened… *voice cracks* You need to call me as soon as you can… *gasps* It’s about your father…

Grandma
Name Name

Grandpa
Name Name

Father
John Byrne ⋅ Deceased

Uncle
Philip Byrne ⋅

Aunt-in-Law
Noelani ByrneDeceased human wife to Philip Byrne & Mother to Logan Byrne. Noelani died of Breast Cancer when Logan was six years old. Philip never remarried. Vin only has one solid memory of Noelani. When he was visiting, she took him and Logan to the beach for the day and they hunted for sand dollars. Later that day she bought them both orangecicles from the ice cream truck. He remembers that she smiled a lot just like his dad.

Uncle
Milo Byrne

Abuela
Name Name

Abuelo
Name Name

Mother
Marta Tallon